Advantage Solutions VP Internal Audit in Irvine, California
Vice President Internal Audit
The Vice President, Internal Audit will report directly to the Audit Committee and administratively to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The VP, Internal Audit is responsible for overseeing all aspects of an organization’s auditing function and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Responsible for implementing a strategy for enterprise risk management and the internal audit function that achieves Advantage Solutions mission and vision. Will provide independent reviews and evaluations of the company's operations, information systems, controls, major business processes, records and reporting functions, and provide recommendations.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
• Designs, develops, and implements internal auditing policies and procedures consistent with the organization’s standards
• Deliver hands-on involvement in planning and executing reviews. Develops a durable internal audit methodology suitable to a fast-paced high-tech company
• Develop, build, and execute a risk-based operational audit plan that clearly defines the objective and scope of each review, with appropriate testing methodologies including tracking audit findings through to remediation. The audits have a significant IT component
• Develop best practices for the internal audit function relative to risk assessment, audit process development, and utilization of automated audit tools. Define and articulate the risk profile of the organization
• Set a vision and strategy for the internal audit function that helps the company fulfill its mission while supporting a robust enterprise risk management
• Develops and implements strategic initiatives for all activities relating to SOX compliance, identifying process deficiencies and implementing improvements as necessary
• Oversees all aspects of the organizations audit function and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
• Review and test Section 404 compliance efforts, including control definition, self-assessment and testing and report the results to the CFO, CEO, and Audit Committee
• Manage the testing plans and results with external auditors. Tests internal controls regarding the reporting financial results. Ensures the controls for reporting financial results are properly documented and enforced through the organization
• Deliver an independent appraisal of controls over financial integrity, operational effectiveness, IT controls for security, privacy and high availability, and compliance with laws and policies
• Drive the preparation of presentations to management at the end of each audit
• Write understandable comprehensive audit reports
• Follow up and appraise implementation of corrective action
Legal and Compliance
•Partner with the legal and compliance department on risk management and other matters
•Partner with the legal and compliance department on the development of a company-wide enterprise risk management program
• Responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining talent using company-wide processes, tools, and resources
• Execute all aspects of the performance management culture, including development discussions and regular coaching and feedback, Performance Improvement Plan creation and delivery
• Responsible for building and growing a high performing team through strategy sessions providing innovative thoughts and solutions
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 50%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Master's Degree or equivalent experience
(Required) Certification: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Accounting or Finance
15+ years of experience in auditing, including audit management, continuous monitoring, forensic accounting, fraud investigation, fraud management, internal audit, governance, risk & compliance software
7+ years of managerial experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Knowledge of internal control and risk assessment techniques
· Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
· Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Critical thinking skills
· Analytical and research skills
· Business leadership skills
· Superior business acumen
· Ability to keep up-to-date with regulation and policy changes and trends in internal auditing practices
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-CA-Irvine
Primary Posting Location : City Irvine
Primary Posting Location : State/Province CA
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2020-284979
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)