Advantage Solutions Senior Data Analyst in Los Angeles, California
The Data Analyst will partner across the technical functions and perform data analysis to create actionable insights. S/he will enhance processes through building scalable data templates that enable efficient business analysis and analytics. This role will collaborate with various levels in the organization and assist in formulating ROI strategies to accomplish business objectives and goals.
X Individual Contributor- short term
X Manager of Individual Contributor- long term (building larger team)
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions:
Designs data collection methods, evaluates large amounts of data, decomposes high level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, analyze trends, and distinguish appropriate requirements
Develops and maintains complex dashboard of sales results
Maintains relationships with key client stakeholders
Generate and maintain score cards/trackers for various aspects of the business
Creates sales and activation analysis reports and presentations for various internal and external groups and teams
Provides expert insight into the current reporting capabilities as well as identify opportunities for improvement
Organizes and analyzes data from all sources, using statistical methods to ensure validity of results
Performs other duties as required and assigned
Work Experience/Education Required:
Must have at least three (3) years work experience;
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience;
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
Microsoft Certified Professional - MCSA: BI Reporting (preferred)
Expert in Power BI (mandatory)
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Familiarity with SQL; give or take!
Experience with analyzing and reporting data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
Proven in-depth knowledge of analytics, fact-based selling, marketing analysis & planning
Ability to use independent judgment in resolving problems and issues
Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
Ability to build strong relationships across a wide range of departments
Must meet deadlines and deliverables
Integrity and Trust
Strong Problem Solving
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Sr. Data Analyst provides strategic leadership and data-driven outputs for key retailers/customers aligning with brand/business needs. This role serves as the key in-agency partner on managing inputs and outputs of our proprietary data-management system. The Sr. Data Analyst will be the ingenuity behind making smart business decisions and providing independent perspective on how to optimize activation results.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be empowered to develop, create and manage a centralized data repository for all post promotion analysis, campaign results or individual tactical executions that provides dynamic search capability for these records or tactical benchmarks, feeding predictive models and plan forecasts. This position will require aggregation and synthesis of data and translation of insights free from direct manager support. Measures range from POS / Panel to tactical metrics defined by the media or tactic type (e.g., impressions, redemptions, CTR, etc.).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Independently develop, create and manage a centralized data repository in programming language (SQL, R, Python, etc.) or by recommending data visualization or manipulation software (Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.)
• Lead the preparation of data analysis needs, developing and monitoring project progression
• Comprehend data process flows through various relational databases, 3rd party or proprietary
• Facilitate transition to new data warehousing – developing new scripts/code, optimizing process flows and on-boarding relevant users to ensure methodologies and algorithms run properly on new software and production is uninterrupted
• Be the champion of and provide ongoing maintenance of proprietary database which is designed to track campaign performance including vendor / supplier metrics and engagement results
• Promote, provide strategic thought leadership based on insights derived from trend data analysis, translate the findings into actionable recommendations for client / team usage
• Engages in the on-going business planning process for each assigned client, focusing on shopper-based strategies and initiatives
• Interface with and provide data support to account, planning and creative teams
• Manage and deliver data support to the agency, client and creative team including competitive insights, syndicated/research data analysis, and custom client research to drive client shopper programs
• Interface with Agency client service (field and brand facing departments), client research departments, and outside research resources, to secure data for use in the post-program strategic analysis tool
• Support team by providing shopper-based rationale, requiring independent strategic thought / perspective for incremental shopper-funding requests
• Creates insight driven presentations with actionable tactics and strategies
• Develops creative presentations with an eye toward story-telling, focused on flow, visualizations, headlines, and using Branding Guidelines
• Provide and collaborate on support for the development of strategic data-driven frameworks, recommendations and marketing decisions as it relates to specific client projects
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 5%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing/Social Sciences, Psychology or Business or equivalent job-related experience
- 5-8 years proven success as a Category Manager, Data Science Analyst, Marketing / Business Operations Analyst, Retailer Loyalty Analyst, etc. working with retailers and clients that utilize data or systems to support marketing or agency activation programs or services
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Intellectually curious, eager to problem solve, and a quick learner
• Well-organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; appetite for numbers and analytics
• Equal balance of being inquisitive, curious and creative, visually articulate
• Deep experience with application of shopper panel data and geodemographic data sets
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; a hunger for “winning together”
• Ability to confidently work with client, customer, and internal leadership
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
• Creativity…. with a passion for building visually compelling presentations
• Good communication – written and oral – skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and desire to succeed (often with minimal supervision)
• Demonstrate forward-looking, strategic thinking ability
• Proven analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, problem solve, and translate into action-oriented recommendations and directions.
• Ability to lead a client through a customer-driven, shopper-based strategic category plan.
• Microsoft Office experience: Mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Syndicated Data experience: Mastery of IRI, Nielsen, and other relevant platforms preferred
• Understanding and application of principles and practices of Category Management (analysis of assortment, pricing, promotion, shelving, shopper) required
• Utilization of programming language: SQL, R, Python, etc. or related data systems / tools such as Google Analytics (Data Studio), Adobe Analytics, Tableau, etc. highly preffered
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US | US-CA-Irvine | US-CA-Los Angeles | US-CO-Denver | US-GA-Atlanta | US-NY-New York
Postal Code 92602
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-314034
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)