Advantage Solutions Business Insights Manager, Senior Analyst - JLB in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Senior Business Insights Analyst
jlb Insights delivers an elevated partnership for both our internal and external partners. We bring data-driven insights that fuel high-level partnership and strategies across our vendor clients and Target. We are trusted strategic partners and category experts, providing proactive analytics and actionable recommendations that help support our client’s goals and drive growth at Target and beyond.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our organization as part of our Business Insights team. Looking for an individual with 3-5 years of experience that has knowledge of POS systems, understanding of syndicated data, Microsoft tools, analytically driven and a self starter.
What you’ll do, with the assistance of an Insights Lead:
Generating reports to analyze sales performance and providing actionable insights
Provide market place analytics
Collaborate with clients to develop strategies and tactics
Develop and deliver robust business overviews and insights
Collaborate with cross-functional partners at JL Buchanan to drive insights and recommendations for our clients.
What you’ll bring:
Strong analytical, problem-solving and story-telling skills
3+ years of relevant CPG/Retail/Digital Management experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing (preferred)
Experience with Market Data (Nielsen, NPD or IRI syndicated and panel data) and retailer POS data
Working knowledge Excel and PowerPoint
A passion for retail and a love of Target
Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter mentality
Ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization and collaborate with cross-functional team members
Positive attitude, creative resourcefulness and a team-player
Bonus Points for:
Background in traditional category management support
Direct Target Experience
Previous involvement with large brands and retailers, skillfully influencing buying and selling decisions
jlb is an award-winning, retail consulting firm that is passionate about helping brands succeed. Over the past 35+ years, we’ve helped launch and grow some of the most innovative brands at Target, including Method, Harry’s and Olly, and hundreds more like them.
We offer Sales and Strategy, Business Insights, Consumer Research, Category Management, Digital Services, Trend, Creative, and Retail Service, delivering a customized approach based on the unique needs of each client. Our collaborative team of 120+ passionate employees come from a variety of backgrounds including emerging brands, large CPGs, and mass and specialty retailers.
We work in a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE), which means you don’t have to choose between your life and your work. We’re clear about what results we expect, and you determine how to deliver. We are a strengths-based organization and value each person’s unique contribution. We value diversity and have a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee that was built to create a more informed and inclusive environment by educating our team, strengthening our partnerships, and serving our community.
We work hard and we play hard. Our office is a lively environment that was built for collaboration. We offer perks like competitive benefits, 401k, flexibility AND an amazing culture and team. Sound fun? It is! Come join us!
Learn more about us at jlbuchanan.com
Seniority Level: Entry-Level
Job Will Remain Open Until Filled
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Shopper Insights Manager unlocks critical insights that drive client investment with customers. The influx in availability and importance of new shopper loyalty data platforms provides valuable analytics that drive critical ROI spending decisions. The successful candidate for this role uses their natural curiosity and creativity to uncover opportunity and is confident in presenting ideas and solutions to audiences at all levels. The ideal candidate brings experience in marrying available data, customer process and client objectives together via data driven storytelling to achieve results. By exploring the shopping habits of millions of households and applying this information to your conclusions and recommendations, you will help the Company differentiate ourselves from our competition.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Leverages customer shopper loyalty program platform to extract and organize data for insight driven analytics in support of new item initiatives and assortment opportunities
• Develops promotion and merchandising recommendations based on shopper acquisition and retention, incrementally, and spending efficiency
• Engages in the on-going business planning process for each assigned client, focusing on shopper-based strategies and initiatives
• Establishes regular touch point meetings with the retailer to share shopper trends and opportunities
• Supports sales team by providing shopper-based rationale for incremental trade-funding requests
• Creates insight driven presentations with actionable tactics and strategies
• Develops creative presentations with an eye toward story-telling, focused on flow, visualizations, headlines, and using Company Branding Guidelines
• Proactively conducts independent research to find answers, and shares solution with peers
• Actively participates in team building and best practice sharing to increase team effectiveness
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 20%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing/Social Sciences, Psychology or Business or equivalent job-related experience
- 2-4 years proven success as a Category Manager, or as a Business Manager working with retailers and clients that utilize a shopper loyalty program platform
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Intellectually curious, eager to problem solve, and a quick learner
• Well-organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; appetite for numbers and analytics
• Deep experience with application of shopper panel data and geodemographic data sets
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; a hunger for “winning together”
• Ability to confidently work with client, customer, and internal leadership
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
• Creativity…. with a passion for building visually compelling presentations
• Good communication – written and oral – skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and desire to succeed (often with minimal supervision)
• Demonstrate forward-looking, strategic thinking ability
• Proven analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, problem solve, and translate into action-oriented recommendations and directions.
• Ability to lead a client through a customer-driven, shopper-based strategic category plan.
• Microsoft Office experience: Mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Syndicated Data experience: Mastery of IRI, Nielsen, and other relevant platforms preferred
• Understanding and application of principles and practices of Category Management (analysis of assortment, pricing, promotion, shelving, shopper) required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-MN-Minneapolis
Primary Posting Location : City Minneapolis
Primary Posting Location : State/Province MN
Primary Posting Location : Postal Code 55401
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2024-431299
Position Type Full Time
Category Category Management, Insights and Planning
Minimum USD $70,000.00/Yr.
Maximum USD $90,000.00/Yr.