Advantage Solutions Director of Sales - School Food Service in Romeoville, Illinois
Director of Sales - School Food Service
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
Waypoint is currently seeking a Director of Sales to lead our School Food Service division (K - 12). The Director of Sales is responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the assigned segment through developing and executing sales and business development initiatives, market and pricing strategy and client/customer development to achieve sales and revenue goals.
Execute K-12 segment sales goals and objectives
Assist Division President in managing segment’s Profit and Loss
Manage, train and develop segment sales personnel
Foster and maintain strong school district relationships
Align segment personnel, policies and systems with company objectives
Partner with Division President and enterprise teams to develop and implement segment’s strategic plan
Optimize segment’s sales processes, training and programs to achieve performance goals
5+ years or more of related experience working with school food service accounts preferred
5+ years or more of progressive management experience in sales, planning and/or business development
Experience working with brokers and national manufacturers
Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
Advanced Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
Ability to build effective working relationships
Creative problem solving and project management skills
Travel as required
Waypoint is the premier national sales and marketing agency for Foodservice and Non-Foods channels and beyond. Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace begins with gaining the advantage, and at Waypoint we stay ahead of the curve. Our partners rely on our unparalleled strategic insights, channel-specific expertise and resources, and innovative culinary support to deliver that competitive advantage. But helping our partners gain the advantage is not enough for us – we make it our business to maximize it through our pioneering technology and big data mining capabilities. We help position our partners to consistently beat their competition and to grow their business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute segment sales goals and objectives
• Assist Division President in managing segment’s Profit and Loss
• Manage, train and develop segment sales personnel
• Foster and maintain strong school district relationships
• Align segment personnel, policies and systems with company objectives
• Partner with Division President and enterprise teams to develop and implement segment’s strategic plan
• Optimize segment’s sales processes, training and programs to achieve performance goals
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Travel up to 5%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
5 years or more of related experience working with school foodservice accounts
5 years or more of progressive management experience in sales, planning and/or business development
Experience working with brokers and national manufacturers
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
• Knowledge of school foodservice industry
• Financial acumen
• Strategic planning
• Company policies and procedures
• Supervisory practices
• Performance management practices
• Training and development practices
• Interviewing and hiring practices
• Advanced Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
• Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
• Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Creative problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience in employee communication, reporting and policy/procedure design and development
• Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty
• Travel as appropriate
Essential Physical Requirements:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret written information such as procedure manuals, Company communications or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Ability to regularly stand for extended periods of time, talk and hear
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
• Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel
• Ability to work in a normal office environment where the noise level is usually light to moderate
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-OH-Twinsburg | US-PA-Plymouth Meeting | US-MD-Glen Burnie | US-IL-Romeoville | US-MI-Farmington
Primary Posting Location : City Twinsburg
Primary Posting Location : State/Province OH
Postal Code 19462
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-385605
Position Type Full Time
Category Sales (Professional)