Advantage Solutions Director, Category Leadership and Capabilities Training - REMOTE in Stamford, Connecticut
Director, Category Leadership and Capabilities Training - REMOTE
The Director, Category Leadership and Capabilities Training is accountable for the overall strategic development and execution of all training programs and initiatives for the Analytics, Insights & Intelligence group. This team member will design, develop and execute an educational curriculum focused on Category Leadership, Sales Analytics, Business Intelligence and Shopper Insights that will enable the Sales organization to turn data into “Actionable Insights”. Working as a strategic business partner, the Director, Category Leadership and Capabilities Training will collaborate with Human Resources, Corporate Training Team, Sales, IS/IT and other departments on developing solutions that will enable Advantage to become recognized in the industry as best-in-class. The role requires a proven leader who can coach, motivate and inspire others to learn new ways of thinking and communicating.
Experience and/or field of study in Marketing/Communications/Education/Psychology/Human Resources
8+ Years of experience in Learning and Development, Talent Management or Leadership Development
5+ Years of experience in a Category Leadership / Category Management / Shopper Insights role within the CPG industry
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Expertise in designing, building, and implementing best-in-class training and development strategies and best practices focused on Category Leadership, Sales Analytics, Business Intelligence and Insights.
Exceptional people/team leadership skills and passion for development of self and others.
Strong business acumen and ability to navigate a broad and complex organization.
Creativity and passion for bringing the story to life.
Experience with Self-paced eLearning design, development and deployment.
Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles.
Ability to coach, develop and mentor others.
Complete understanding and application of principles and practices of Category Leadership.
Ability to create training materials and reports.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand the needs of different stakeholders (i.e. AI2, Sales, etc…) and design, develop and execute the right educational curriculum focused on Category Leadership, Sales Analytics, Business Intelligence, Story Telling, etc…to address those needs cross functionally.
• Create the content as the SME and more importantly turn that content into highly interactive learning (i.e. instructional design).
• Accountable for platform training facilitation delivery (in-person, digital and online) with the ability to facilitate, probe, generate dialogue, etc…that enables team members to learn and apply knowledge.
• Manage and cultivate an environment that encourages and empowers associates to be creative solution providers while embracing constant self-improvement.
• Responsible for attracting, training, developing, mentoring and evaluating Train-the-trainers (TTT).
Thought Leadership, Strategy and Insights:
• Be a Strategic Thought Leader, develop vision and 3-year roadmap for the department that is consistent with the AI2 business strategies, objectives, core competencies and goals.
• Champions insights and data education across AI2, sales and partner business functions to elevate the analytic capabilities and drive an insights-based culture across the enterprise (i.e. Knowledge library, sharing of BIC examples, etc…).
• Commitment to keeping the learning going and designing on the job application exercises.
• Discipline knowledge to critique Category Leadership/Category Management Client/Customer stories.
• Tasked with conducting research and making recommendations for appropriate learning management systems and databases in conjunction with human resources and corporate training department to support organizational goals.
Internal/External Stakeholder Leadership and Management:
• Collaborate and liaise with corporate training, human resources and sales counterparts to define strategies and alignment to bring the “voice of the customer” into development of training framework/design.
• Ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality educational and learning opportunities to support Client and Customer teams in delivering BIC results.
• Foster and grow relationships across all levels of key internal and external stakeholders to deliver enhanced strategic value while leveraging the enterprise capabilities of Advantage Solutions.
• Partner with AI2 and sales leadership to support the overall priorities for our Clients and Customers.
• Own the external Category Leadership training partner relationships to optimize desired learning outcomes and use of technology and innovation.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to 10%
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Bachelor's Degree & APTD – Associate Professional in Talent Development or CPTD – Certified Professional in Talent Development or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Master's Degree Or PhD
Field of Study/Area of Experience:Marketing/Communications/Education/Psychology/Human Resources
• 8+ Years of experience in Learning and Development, Talent Management or Leadership Development
• 5+ Years of experience in a Category Leadership / Category Management / Shopper Insights role within the CPG industry
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Expertise in designing, building, and implementing best-in-class training and development strategies and best practices focused on Category Leadership, Sales Analytics, Business Intelligence and Insights.
• Exceptional people/team leadership skills and passion for development of self and others.
• Strong business acumen and ability to navigate a broad and complex organization.
• Creativity and passion for bringing the story to life.
• Experience with Self-paced eLearning design, development and deployment.
• A hunger for “winning together”
• Experience in Talent Management or Learning and Development.
• Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles.
• Ability to coach, develop and mentor others.
• Complete understanding and application of principles and practices of Category Leadership.
• Ability to create training materials and reports.
• Excellent collaboration skills, strong relationship building and stakeholder management.
• Comfort with ambiguity.
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Executive presence and ability to communicate with and influence senior leaders.
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
Office / Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-CT-Stamford
Primary Posting Location : Address 1285 High Ridge Rd
Primary Posting Location : City Stamford
Primary Posting Location : State/Province CT
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-397197
Position Type Full Time
Category Category Management, Insights and Planning