Advantage Solutions Manager Human Resources - French/English Bilingual in TORONTO, Ontario
Manager Human Resources - French/English Bilingual:
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! The Human Resources Manager provides consultative support and works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources, organizational design and talent management strategies and initiatives at the business unit or division level. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, stock renewal, strategic and workforce planning, organizational change, change management). Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives.
This role requires extensive French & English communication skills (both verbal and written).
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
Training and Career Development
Generous Paid Time-Off
Conduct employee relations investigations and support managers in employee relations.
Effectively resolve employee relations matters by making recommendations consistent with applicable employment law in order to minimize risk and maximize business results.
Support HRBP in the coordination, preparation and results compilation of all talent reviews, talent assessment administration, including validation of actions taken.
Train and counsel associates and managers on the use of tools and resources for effective performance management and development.
Liaise with Total Rewards and business leaders to facilitate job reviews and job description validation.
Support the integration of newly acquired companies and assists leadership with an orientation to HR programs, policies, and procedures.
Work with HRBP to provide insightful analysis of critical HR Data assisting with the recommendation and implementation of appropriate solutions.
Conduct applicable compliance audits.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; MBA Degree (preferred) in Human Resources, Business or related area
Stellar French and English written and verbal communication skills
5+years of experience in a Human Resources generalist role; at least 2 years of experience conducting employee relations investigations.
Exceptional ability to work independently, be decisive and deal with ambiguity in a dynamic environment
Knowledge and experience with Human Resources best practices and models
Knowledge of nation-wide labor laws, regulations, and statutes
Strong functional Human Resources employee relations skills and thorough knowledge of Canada localizations
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the business in conjunction with HRBPs in the coordination, preparation and results compilation of all talent reviews, talent assessment administration, including validation of actions taken.
• Develop and maintain talent database.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to coordinate and participate in interview panels to help bring closure to the hiring process.
Learning & Development:
• Train and counsel associates and managers on the use of tools and resources for effective performance management and development
• Lead the coordination and facilitation of the performance review calibration process.
• Support HRBP with organizational change efforts, including talent matching, Oracle movement and auditing and reductions in force
Collaborating with COEs:
• Liaise with Total Rewards and business leaders to facilitate job reviews and job description validation
• Partner with Legal on non-solicitation requests
• Support the integration of newly acquired companies and assists leadership with orientation to HR programs, policies and procedures
• Work with the Associate Relations Team and HR Service Center to respond to assigned cases
Data & Analytics:
• Develop and maintain reports using reporting, analytics, and dashboard tools; reports include but not limited to TA reports, compliance training reports, salary history reports, and exit interview results
• Work with HRBP to provide insightful analysis of critical HR Data assisting with the recommendation and implementation of appropriate solutions
• Audit DIV/DEPT list and partner with EBS and Finance to make corrections
• Partner with EBS on ad hoc report and enhancement requests from the business
- This position may have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position may provide guidance or mentoring for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Masters Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience:Human Resources, Business or related area
Requires a minimum of 5+years of experience in an Human Resources generalist role (minimum of 3 core functions)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Exceptional business acumen
• Exceptional ability to work independently, be decisive and deal with ambiguity in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge and experience with Human Resources best practices and models
• Knowledge of nation-wide labor laws, regulations and statutes
• Strong functional Human Resources generalist skills (HR strategic planning, Compensation, Performance Management, Recruiting, Project Management, Organizational Design and others)
• Must possess active listening skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to influence leadership to ensure results have a positive outcome
• Strong facilitation skills
• Team building Skills
• Conflict management skills
• Comfortable presenting information and data to a group of colleagues or leaders
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to solve moderate to complex problems pertaining to employee questions, complaints, disciplinary action and any other issues that arise
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 5 kilograms.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact: Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, for external applicants, or, a Supervisor for internal applicants.
Job Locations CA-ON-TORONTO
Position Type Full Time
Postal Code M4B 1C3
Requisition ID 2021-387307
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)