Advantage Solutions Corporate Recruiter in United States
Advantage Solutions is seeking a Professional Recruiter for a full-time, home based opportunity focusing onthe recruitment of experienced hire talent on a national (and occasionally global) basis. This role sources passive and active professional talent, provides guidance on realistic expectations for acquiring such talent, works closely with hiring manager team on pro-active acquisition of talent and/or communication of requisition status, and brings creative recruiting solutions to the Professional Talent Acquisition team. Our recruiters exercise discretion and independent judgment to identify possible matches of talent, and recommend which candidate best fits the criteria developed in consultation between the hiring leaders for these key roles in the organization. We also push back where necessary to ensure the right hiring decision is made, at the right time. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your recruiting skills whilst truly making an impact on the enterprise and those that work within it.
Consult and provide guidance to hiring leaders concerning full lifecycle recruitment, including identifying positions, determining job specifications, developing sourcing strategy, assessing talent, recommending candidates for hire, negotiating offers, and closing acceptance
Conducts pre-screening interviews based on criteria developed specifically for the position
Provide guidance to hiring manager, making recommendations relative to market salary data, organizational development opportunities with internal employees, and potential target pool of candidates to emphasize the most focus
Ability to recruit on high volume and one-off senior level positions
Strong ability to negotiate offers with candidates
Manage candidate expectations about pay, benefits, culture and career path
Deliver a consistent, high quality candidate and client experience through professionalism and integrity in all contact with applicants, hiring managers and colleagues
5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in a professional services environment, or related field
Full life-cycle recruiting in both corporate and agency environments
Full recruitment lifecycle iCims experience preferred, large enterprise ATS experience required
Leadership recruitment skills highly desired (Directors, Vice Presidents, etc.)
Self-motivated, ability to work without a net (if the net doesn't exist, you want to build it), consultative demeanor helpful
Excellent sales negotiation skills
Creative candidate sourcing experience important
We look forward to learning more about you and doing excellent work together. Apply today!
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Professional Recruiter is responsible for formulating the development of and implementing search strategies for active and passive candidates for professional positions in the organization. This person engages in a consultative role and in this regard extensively interacts with hiring managers to understand hiring needs for talent and provides guidance on realistic expectations for acquiring such talent, and what the available level of talent is likely to be. This person exercises discretion and independent judgment to identify possible matches of talent, and later recommends which candidate(s) best fits the criteria developed in consultation with the hiring manager for these key decision-making roles in the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Consult and provide guidance to hiring managers concerning full lifecycle recruitment, including identifying position(s), determining job specifications, developing sourcing strategy, assessing talent, recommending candidates for hire, negotiating offer, and closing acceptance. Act as expert advisor on sourcing, interviewing, and selection strategies and best practices.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment in formulate search methodology and sources of potential candidates (e.g., proprietary database systems), and identify target pool of candidates through independent analysis and screening of prospective candidates.
• Provide guidance to hiring manager relative to market salary data, organizational development opportunities (internal employees), and potential target pool of candidates, as well as which candidates on which to focus.
• Make recommendations for hiring from pool of candidates from pool of talent identified and gathered by Professional Recruiter.
• Partner with hiring managers, review business plans to effectively prioritize recruiting activities to meet business needs with an eye to both current and future needs and competencies.
• Deliver a consistent, high quality candidate and client experience through professionalism and integrity in all contact with applicants, hiring managers, and colleagues.
• Consult with hiring leader to establish job specifications, qualifications and a realistic skills profile and establishing candidate ranking criteria in light of market conditions and available pools of talent, as known to Recruiter and based on exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
• Develop and implement appropriate talent acquisition strategy to reach and attract a diverse pool of high quality candidates.
• Review information provided by prospective talent, and assesses written qualification versus job specifications for appropriate skill sets to qualify or disqualify candidates.
• Conducts pre-screening interviews based on criteria developed specifically for that role or position. Interviews candidates for core competencies, leadership competencies, cultural fit and future potential. Provides information on the company and job opportunities.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate candidates against job requirements, and criteria jointly established through consultation with hiring leader, engage candidates on the opportunity and select best qualified candidates for the hiring leader.
• Make recommendation to hiring manager regarding appropriate offer(s) in light of market conditions.
• Negotiate offers with candidates. Manage candidate expectations in regards to pay, benefits, culture, and career path.
• Proactively conduct independent research to gain full understanding of market internal business client operates within to ensure correct search methodology, including the source(s) of potential talent is formulated. Explore new, creative and unique was of sourcing candidates.
• Develops an individualized 360-degree approach based on critical thinking skills to identifying potential candidates from advertising, database mining, cold-calling, industry networking, and referral sources to include a full, diverse scope of potential candidates for each individual job sourced.
• Reflective problem solving, and thoughtful decision-making skills are required to, among other things, build individual search strategies. Anticipate recruitment problems, consider new sources of labor supply, and improve recruitment methods.
• Actively participate in providing feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
4+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in a professional services environment, or related field
Experience working with tools of the trade, including resume databases and internet sourcing tools, must be web savvy—Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience highly desirable (iCims/SmartRecruiters)
Level of recruiting including Senior Managers, Directors, and Executive levels is preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-353580
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)