Advantage Solutions Lead Software Engineer (Enterprise) in United States
Lead Software Engineer
· Design, develop, test, and deploy code for the Sales and Marketing business unit.
· Lead a team of software developers, partner with Project manager to deliver business solutions, and work with business analysts and testers to ensure that the product is successfully delivered on-time.
· Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers as necessary.
· Actively contribute new ideas and programming concepts to the team.
· Help define and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes.
· Create architectural and uml design documents.
· Triage and troubleshoot issues with users.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable major or equivalent experience required.
· At least 10+ years of significant and recent development experience with C# 8+, .NET 4.5+, Angular 2.x, and TSQL.
· Experience mentoring and leading project tech teams.
· Experience in web service, API, REST, and microservices development.
· Familiarity with the following is a Plus: Mobile development/UI expert, Responsive Design, NoSql, nodejs, cloud computing, distributed messaging.
· Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills.
Additional Knowledge and Abilities
· Familiar with Agile Development Practices
· Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
· Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
· Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of security best practices
· Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
· Troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
· Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
· Understand the business domain and why a feature is needed, not just how to build it
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements Gathering & Planning
- Regularly meet with stakeholders and users to determine requirements and demo development progress. Create wireframes and mockups, architect systems and data models, and plan a development roadmap.
- Code back-end services, controllers, and APIs; front-end views and components; and data models that meet the project’s requirements. Advance the codebase by removing technical debt.
Testing and QA
- Incorporate and improve unit test coverage and generate UI tests to automate testing. Smoke test as needed and perform code reviews to ensure the accuracy and clarity of code.
Customer Service & Support
- Provide post-release training, troubleshooting, and ad-hoc bug fixes. Write and keep technical documents up-to-date.
Personal & Team Growth
- Adopt and advance the team’s best practices and actively contribute new ideas and concepts. Maintain understanding of current technologies and programming practices through continuous education, reading, workshops, and/or groups. Train new software engineers.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) : Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Computer Science or other related discipline
- 10 or more years of experience:
Additional experience a plus:
• AngularJS, Azure, Bootstrap, jQuery, REST, SCSS, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
• Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
• Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of security best practices
• Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
• Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
• Understand the business domain and proactively suggest features
• Independent worker requiring very little oversight
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-390180
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)