Advantage Solutions VP Technical Infrastructure & Operations in United States
Vice President Technical Infrastructure & Operations
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales, marketing, and technology agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising category management, and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers, and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics, and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Nimble. Forward-thinking. Passionate. Partnering. Transparent. Transformative. These are the traits that have enabled Advantage to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace and these are the traits we seek in talent on a global basis. We are currently seeking a Vice President, Technical Infrastructure & Operations. Details below:
Vice President, Technical Infrastructure & Operations
Vice President, Technical Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for defining and driving the plans to build and evolve our technology infrastructure and operations teams to support the Company’s strategic growth. Provides leadership and vision, driving automation, stability, and availability of our technology infrastructure leveraging cloud and on-premise technologies to support business agility and maximize efficiencies.
This role is data-driven, utilizing key ITSM metrics to measure internal and external operational level agreements to provide quality, reliable infrastructure; including enterprise compute, storage, network, end-user computing, enterprise platforms, and service desk support services.
Some travel may be required for this position.
● Work with CIO to define the infrastructure and technology operations strategy and roadmap to support the business needs for scalability, growing demand for capacity, and associated quality of service (e.g., performance, reliability, and business continuity measures).
● Implement and oversee ITSM, KPIs, standardize toolsets, and drive a highly professional client service and operations team.
● Drive and execute the strategy to migrate to scalable cloud-based architecture to transform and modernize the ecosystem and drive business continuity.
● Drive the execution of infrastructure and technology operations initiatives and projects to achieve the expected scalability, performance, and availability goals, using internal and external resources.
● Partner with Business, Application, and Client Technology stakeholders to define requirements for new technology implementations.
● Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
● Support business growth initiatives from an infrastructure readiness point of view by aligning the technology vision with business strategy. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for infrastructure spending and initiatives.
● Develop and implement the service, people, and management processes necessary for delivering the right set of services at the right level for the enterprise.
● Define, maintain and present metrics to the executive team on a regular basis such as critical issue escalations, issue volumes, staff productivity levels, and overall health of software and infrastructure technology.
● Prioritize across the business the long-term goals and roadmap for infrastructure technology and operations.
● Define, measure, and improve technology standards across the organization to establish a technology-enabled competitive edge for Advantage.
● Work with CISO to develop and maintain Disaster Recovery plan and support business teams with their Business Continuity Plans
● 12+ years of experience managing and/or directing technological operations and/or IT engineering teams.
● 10+ years experience working in highly scalable and available on-demand solutions; IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS experience preferred.
● Public enterprise experience – large enterprise infrastructure support expertise.
● Highly effective people leader who attracts and retains large teams of strong, diverse talent
● Strong technology leadership across diverse global corporate and executive information technology systems.
● Strong technical background in an environment with a heterogeneous mix of on-premise, hosted, and cloud hardware and software, with a concentration in O365, Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, etc.
● Experience leading cloud migration programs with Azure, GCP, or AWS to enable global redundancy and HA.
● Familiarity and experience with open source technology and full-stack development platforms.
● Demonstrated success leading IT modernization and transformation for a company of comparable size with minimal disruption.
● Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including cloud, big data, telecommunications, networks, operating systems, databases, application and web servers, media, and desktops.
● Technical experience with systems networking, databases, infrastructure, and user support.
● Experience with ITIL and ITSM solutions and ability to align standardized processes and services across each area of service management.
● Experience evolving collaboration and communication systems for hybrid work and global expansion.
● Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
● Strong experience with business process optimization and automation, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
● Strong understanding of project management principles.
● Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
● Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
● Experience managing IT Operations as part of a Shared Service program tracking and allocation services cost on a consumption basis.
● Experience with acquisition due diligence and integrations.
We look forward to learning more about you. Apply today.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The VP Technical Operations is responsible spearheading all integrations between our DSP, DMP and Tag Management partners. This position will be client facing in pixel implementation, responsible for drawing up best practices and trouble-shooting guide, as well as developing and managing test environments, bringing all partners to the table to order to work through implementation issues. This role will act as a head of department and expected to be able to hire out own team as team scales. The incumbent must be a well-rounded professional, with both deep technical and operational knowledge of all facets of digital and mobile media buying and execution.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Act as the day to day lead for DMP and DSP implementations
Be POC for troubleshooting tags and issues internally within both the agency media team and the Shopper Marketing Operations team
Manage timelines for integrations and ensure partners are maintaining their deliverables
Develop best practices and manual/wiki for operations teams to utilize when implementing tags for DMP and DSP partners
Act as lead technical person for Google tag management
Liaison between the Company & media partners as needed for client troubleshooting
Assist with billing questions and discrepancy issue
Troubleshoot HTML code used to deliver ad creative
Self-manage tasks / schedule for effective and efficient time management
Troubleshoot targeting issues, resolve any traffic issues and reconcile discrepancies
Maintain relationships with supply and Data partners as we evolve
Vet technical feasibility of corporate development plans and implementation procedures
Recommend partners for social, search, media, tag and as needed technical partnerships
Work with our partners in understanding device graph implications and internal needs
Be an instrumental player in our development of proprietary data sets & device graph
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to 25%
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
5+ years of experience in technical media, and preferably 6-10 years of relevant technical media experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Good written communication and verbal communication skills
Excellent customer service orientation
Good interpersonal skills
Strong prioritization skills
Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
Ability to work effectively with management
Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-356343
Position Type Full Time
Category Marketing (Corporate): Integrated Marketing, Experiential Marketing